This weekend I was working on a mini-scrapbook for a dear friend that I visited last fall in New Hampshire. I was simultaneously helping my friend Terri create a scrapbook for her daughter's high school graduation, and she did a great job on her first few pages ever. She is pictured above. She is also the person who went on the trip to New England with me, so we reminisced about the trip. I had to write to my friend because we couldn't remember some of the names of places I wanted to blog, I mean, Journal about. I got back a nice, long email from her about all her retirement activities. She is amazing, a former English professor who is very politically active so New Hampshire is great place for her to be. She is on board with Barack Obama, so we have that in common. Must be the Illinois connection, though many others seem to be connecting with him just as easily.
I love cheese and crackers. Just thought I'd say that.
Tomorrow is another hellish day: meeting after meeting, followed by class and another meeting. I don't know how I am going to fit my exercise in this week, and I was just noticing some progress on the cellulite situation! I am finding time to write this between meetings, and waiting for the chicken bake meal to cook in the oven. Prepared food is better than fast food, right? My kids consider it homecooked when it comes from a box. BTW- I ate lunch at the junior high today and it was so good, corn dog and lukewarm fries. They had a beautiful salad bar, but corn dog was just so school lunch-like. For sides they had fresh fruit (3 choices) canned peaches, fresh cauliflower, carrots and celery, ranch dip, tortilla chips, salsa and Milk. I think the kids just get the greasy stuff and ignore the rest, which is all you can eat, and makes the $1.75 pretty good.
I must have charged the batteries the wrong way on Sunday, for the camera only took two pictures before pooping out, and I had just been bragging about how long it holds a charge. It should be done soon, and I will download or upload the photo.
My college freshman was sitting at the computer when I got up this morning, apparently having pulled an all-nighter. He was delirious, and said he had just eaten a spoonful of coffee grounds and would be fine till class is over at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon. He was spending an inordinate amount of time of each multiple choice of his take home sociology exam because he couldn't focus, and a quick glance at the paper he was writing on Tupac (god knows what class this was for) had three errors in the first two sentences.
I love cheese and crackers. Just thought I'd say that.
Tomorrow is another hellish day: meeting after meeting, followed by class and another meeting. I don't know how I am going to fit my exercise in this week, and I was just noticing some progress on the cellulite situation! I am finding time to write this between meetings, and waiting for the chicken bake meal to cook in the oven. Prepared food is better than fast food, right? My kids consider it homecooked when it comes from a box. BTW- I ate lunch at the junior high today and it was so good, corn dog and lukewarm fries. They had a beautiful salad bar, but corn dog was just so school lunch-like. For sides they had fresh fruit (3 choices) canned peaches, fresh cauliflower, carrots and celery, ranch dip, tortilla chips, salsa and Milk. I think the kids just get the greasy stuff and ignore the rest, which is all you can eat, and makes the $1.75 pretty good.
I must have charged the batteries the wrong way on Sunday, for the camera only took two pictures before pooping out, and I had just been bragging about how long it holds a charge. It should be done soon, and I will download or upload the photo.
My college freshman was sitting at the computer when I got up this morning, apparently having pulled an all-nighter. He was delirious, and said he had just eaten a spoonful of coffee grounds and would be fine till class is over at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon. He was spending an inordinate amount of time of each multiple choice of his take home sociology exam because he couldn't focus, and a quick glance at the paper he was writing on Tupac (god knows what class this was for) had three errors in the first two sentences.
2 comments:
There was no picture above, Susan, unless it's my computer that's acting up. You and Mad would really have a blast with your scrapbooking, I'm sure.
For me the jury is still out on Barak Obama, but only because of his lack of experience. I can picture him now as the perfect VP, to give him the experience he needs, especially internationally. I definitely think he has a great political future ahead of him and CAN see him as our first Black President some day.
Aha! The pic is now there!
Post a Comment