Thursday, April 26, 2007

Major League




What is up with this new annoying practice of employees in stores yelling out "HELLO" when someone walks in the door, even if you can't see them and they can't see you. How is one supposed to know who they are talking to? How is this increasing sales in any way?

I'm curious is this a local or national trend? Has anyone else experienced this?

Eli's Scholastic Bowl team has advanced to Sectional on Monday. Cal is making his pitching debut on the same day.

The weather has moved back down to the 50's. The Office was not funny. The cat's paws are filthy from playing locked in the attic all day (voluntarily). I have to go exercise cause I can't focus. Why is a young Charlie Sheen on a commercial pitching?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't noticed "HELLO" much, except maybe Wal-Mart. There are several ads where old movies are used and then the people start talking about the product--Charlie Sheen from Major League is not the only example.

Are the two events at the same time? Can you see both?

Hey Guy!

Tag03 said...

They did studies that indicate that if someone greets you when you enter a store, you'll be less likely to shoplift.

susan d said...

Oh, I don't listen to commercials (that's what MUTE is for), except Geico. I love that gecko and the cave men. Too funny. If I could I be anyone cool, it would be the creator of the Geico ad campaign.