
Good morning, Lou. Per your request I am updating the boring old blog. First, I had to learn to download some songs from ITunes and pay my fair share (99 cents each). It was a little confusing at first, but then super easy. It loaded to my library in about 5 seconds, I plugged in the pod, and it synced automatically. Then I worried how I would find if the new songs were loaded, on the shuffle. Luckily, up came one of my new songs as soon as I turned it on.I made a late decision, last evening, to invite Dad over for Easter dinner and actually prepare some decent food. Mom is up in North Dakota assisting Uncle Cal in the nursing home, where I hear he is doing really well. Hopefully, she will be able to help him find an apartment with other seniors, rather than returning to the lonely farm. Anywaysss, he agreed to join us for dinner at noon.
Headphones on, another 'new' song came on, Unchained Melody. Very memory-laden song. And not just Demi Moore in Ghost.
I tried on a fake pony tail at a Merle Norman store today. It was so thick and matched my hair color perfectly. The elderly lady said, "Oodles of people are wearing them now." Very tempting, but $42 is too much for a whim that would probably sit in a drawer collecting dust or on my dresser scaring young children. Dad will have to remind me of the German words for "dangerous thing" which Nephew7 called Grandma's wig (sitting atop her dresser on a Styrofoam head form) several years ago (in German). We have a family song that contains that phrase. Most three year olds don't go around calling wigs "dangerous" in German nonetheless. His vocabulary has always been very advanced.
Sports News: Nephew7 scored 3 goals in soccer today, his first three also! Too cold for soccer here...Macomb Little League has reshuffled and new teams picked. Cal is now with MidAmerica National Bank with Pat as coach.
Mystery of the disappearing photo: After posting the photo of Grace and Toru I got an email from Grace asking me not to post her picture, as the Internet is not a safe place. Tell me about it! Don't know what kind of perverts are weird enough to be reading and looking at this blog.
More news of little consequence: Our new Dell desktop arrived yesterday. Boy14 had it set up in 10 minutes or less. I just gleefully figured out how to connect my old printer (by digging up the cord someone had disconnected when we cleaned up all the cords from the old one that bit the dust four months ago). My laptop is now mine again.
Five things to be happy about:
1. finding my Y key
2. game of Gray Wolf happening in my yard
3. the dashing way Tiger Woods dresses
4. hot tea
5. successfully printing on the new computer
Photos above include: New York skyline from some bridge north of the city, September 2006, where the toll takers wear rubber gloves (smart :). Alfonso Soriano the hope of the Cubs season.
Good Day everyone. I'll be off to a talk on Aethism on Easter morning. If I go anywhere, which is unlikely.
1 comment:
You are way too funny, Susan. I love it.
In a few minutes we're off from our A'dam apartment to go exploring on this Easter Sunday. Lots of people have been out-n-about since I got up at 6:30a. Maybe we'll find out where they all are. :)
Wish me luck when I go to the P.O. on Tuesday (Monday is part of the European Easter holiday) to get our modem for my laptop. I'm sure I'll count the days it takes to get me connected, but hopefully not as long as the 3 weeks in Germany 2 years ago! In the meantime, I'll keep using Donica's wireless laptop when she's not at work.
Post a Comment