Wednesday, April 18, 2007

By-Pass


No, not the one around the city. My big brother is having triple by-pass surgery tomorrow. He's only 48 and a big guy, but not obese. He had a spell or two last summer but stress test and echo were normal. This past week he was having chest pain while walking (mild exertion) and they took it more seriously, performing a cardiac catheterization today. They were not able to insert a stent in the most blocked artery and recommended he proceed with by-pass to fix that and two other blockages.

Now, my dad had a heart attack at 60 and several stents since then, but this is just crazy. Anyway, I think he will come through fine. There was no damage to the heart, his body had re-routed the blockage somewhat adequately.

He was in good spirits tonight, and I just wish him the best!!
Since I only got my digital camera in November, I only have two pictures of Chris, taken in Boston on my friend's camera. The other one, I posted awhile ago, so this is kind of goofy, but Chris is on the left, walking towards Paul Revere's statue, across from the Old North Church.

2 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

What is it with these guys, Susan! My brother, Bennett, died of a heart attack at age 47 and he was not even big, let alone obese. I think the gene must be there for some people, unless they're not eating well.

So sorry to hear about your brother. I'll cross my fingers with you that they have caught this in time!

madretz said...

also sending blessings to you, your brother and families.