Saturday, April 14, 2007

You Little Devil


Has anyone else been craving Deviled Eggs? These did not turn out too good, my improvised recipe seems to be missing something. The ones I got at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago tasted sweet, which was a little weird, but better than these. I would appreciate any ideas.
My mom has been staying by herself out on a farm in North Dakota while taking care of my great uncle's affairs, while he is recuperating in a nursing home. Just found out there was a double murder on a nearby (20 miles?) farm. Very scary, very Truman Capotesque. No details were available but she checked herself into a motel, wisely. I'm going to look it up on-line if I am not too tired after writing this.
My dining room table is filled with scrapbooking materials, but I have accomplished nothing all evening, except a little project for the school PTO. I'll see if I can take a quick photo. **quick break: took picture, but won't download due to low batteries. I have never actually had this happen. I always heard digital cameras used batteries very rapidly, but that did not seem to be the case with ours. We have rechargables, anyway, and it only takes 15 minutes, but Boy12 is waiting to use the laptop. Still having music download problems and needs two computers to complete his task. Don't ask. Come to think of it, my Ipod died today while I was walking the track at the Y. I had it plugged into the computer overnight and it has never died before so that was weird. Maybe I have some kind of negative electrical charge.
Uh oh, several 8th grade boys just walked in after the Jr. High party at the Y across the street. The last time they got together a wooden billiards rack (triangle) got broken over one kids' back. Apparently the highlight tonight was three boys singing "My Humps" and dancing. Good thing they don't let the parents chaperone, well, my kids don't let their parents.

2 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

That all sounded too much like Friday the 13th, Susan. Are you sure you got your dates right???

madretz said...

mmm...now that you mentioned it, deviled eggs do sound good!