Saturday, April 28, 2007

21st Century


Now that I have my family's attention with the declaration: check the blog for BIG news. I now realized I can't reveal all the news on this blog.

So the big news is: I have a cell. I have no home phone any longer. I got too PO'd at Verizon for a variety of reasons eg. I got sucked into some wonderful unlimited plan that cost me $20 more per month than I was paying, every time it rains my phone goes out, they have a perturbing auto response phone system, and they were going to take a week to come out and fix it. Well, I fixed them.

I couldn't go to Verizon wireless for obvious reasons, or Nextel (bad experience with Boy18's phone), so I tried US Cellular. Great choice. I explained I didn't want a camera, an MP3, texting, etc., oh and I want it free. He showed me one for $3, looked good, but it had everything I didn't want, and was called a SLVR. "I'll take it!!" two seconds later. And for Pat, the do-nothing plain flip phone.

Now I'm having a faint memory of niece Lauren last Thanksgiving explaining the different phones to Grandma Nell, and the sliver was one she thought was cool. So, now I'm cool, I'm so cool.

We can't operate either phone, but the kids set up the contact lists, and so far I can kind of answer it, and make a phone call.

PS. I have the same phone as Jamarcus Russell.

No comments: