Sunday, April 24, 2016

Lighter

Yesterday after months of feeling an array of emotions, none of which I would categorize as happy, I told Eli, "I feel happy." The setting was Chandler Park, Earthfest, with Marissa on one side of me chatting up Mattie, and Eli on the other side, soaking up sunshine, perfect weather, and Hannah's jazz combo playing in the gazebo. Young hipsters with frisbees, dreadlocks and Grateful Dead tee's wandering by and occasionally dancing, a welcome sight not usually seen around our small town.

The day continued to go well, with Marissa and I getting a successful lesson in hula hooping, and then at home making crafty decorations for the rehearsal dinner coming up in less than 45 days. I was having such a good time, I forgot to take pictures!

4 comments:

madretz said...

So glad you had a good day.

susan d said...

Thanks Madz

Anonymous said...

Sweet

patrick denecke said...

There have been a few good days scattered into many long lonely dark ones. I'm glad you can appreciate it when it occurs. Peace