Saturday, April 09, 2016
Brother Love
This is a shout out to my brother, four years older than me today (you do the math). I don't give him enough props for being a great brother and uncle. Chris adores his nephews and was always willing to take them on adventures: the mountains, the beach, a solo road trip.
We spent Adam's first birthday at Chris' house in New Hampshire when we were transitioning to Buffalo. Adam was sleeping in a playpen in Chris' room. I went to get him up from a nap one day and when he opened his mouth, I saw it was full of change off Chris' nearby dresser. So he didn't have the safety thing down...he was the FUN uncle! Always down on the ground playing, a big guy acting like a little kid, sledding, wrestling, hooping, whooping.
We got to spend more time with Chris when we lived in Buffalo, only a day's drive away. A sports enthusiast, food aficionado, a warm personality with go go go. That's My Chris. Happy Birthday Bro, see you at the wedding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yes, he is a great uncle. The first time I took Ethan to see him, he had borrowed a playpen or something for Ethan--he was a year old. Anyway, we tried to construct it, but it didn't go together too well, so we had to use beer cases around it to hold it in place. Chris spent a lot of time with Adam in those early days so I know how he doted on him. He thought he was the funniest kid...
Thanks Susan. That's so sweet. Chris
Post a Comment