Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What Can I Say?

What can I say about yesterday. It was quite a day! I didn't take any pictures so I will try to draw pictures with my words and will undoubtedly fail.

Most the group left early (9:30) for the Abraham Lincoln Museum. It was new a couple of years ago and is quite an attraction. I'm not sure the kids were that excited, but you have learn a little something on vacation, right?

Boy14 and I left town around 11:00 (listening to his new favorite, Jimi Hendrix) and arrived at the waterpark about 1:00. Found out it cost $23.95 per person (we were all over the height cutoff). She begrudgingly told me if I had a Pepsi can I could save $5. Luckily, I had a Diet Pepsi can in the car. After paying for the two of us I found out the can was only good for one person. I think the price was way too high (Fun City was only $5 which is incredibly low) and probably the reason the place was not very crowded, a definite plus. So I cell phoned the other group of seven and told them the good news: the park is not crowded and the bad news: you have to find 7 Pepsi cans. Betsy said they parked next to a recycling bin and they could scavenge that. So that was vision!

When they finally arrived between 2:30 and 3:00 I found out they bought a 12 pack of Pepsi at Walgreen's for $3, saving them $35. Well worth it, even if you dumped out most of the warm pop.

We spent the afternoon wave pooling, sliding and lazing down the river. They had a half pipe slide I'd never seen before and Betsy and I did that together. Our combined weight made it very scary for me when we plunged straight down one side and up the other, see-sawing back and forth until coming to rest at the bottom.

We had dinner at Applebees and then I drove all the boys who are staying at my house home. I let them have pretty much free reign and they were punchy and tired and goofy. They started making videos of each other on the cell phone and laughing unccontrollably, especially when I was taped screaming to put a sock in Nephew8's mouth and tie up his hands. After that they told Yo Mama jokes, making up their own stupid ones. Then Blonde jokes. When they got to inventing their own, Nephew9 especially had me laughing so hard I was crying and Boy13 had to help steer the car. "There was a blonde, a finger and a hat. She put the finger in the hat and put it on her head. Then the man said, do you have any butterfingers? No, no, no. There was a blonde, a finger, some butter and a hat." You get the idea. It was 60 minutes of non-stop laughing, shrieking, and screaming.

1 comment:

Ginnie Hart said...

Laughter is the best medicine, or so they say. I totally believe in good belly laughs!!! :)