Yesterday while driving through a small town, I saw a gaggle of gourds on a table in somebody's yard. There were the long, nubby green and yellow ones, the baby pumpkins, some acorn squash perhaps, and I had a sudden panic slash anxiety attack. Fall, aka Autumn is almost here. Seems summer just started...my tan is not complete...okay, it will be okay. Autumn is very special to me. It means gourds, football, Spoon River Drive, school (which by the way starts tomorrow), new school supplies or cleaned up recycled ones, harvest moon, spectacular crunching leaves, homemade soup, caramel apples, sweaters, Homecoming parades and festivities, marching band sounds echoing from miles away, carved pumpkins (someone elses), fresh burning leaves, mums, sitting on the porch and much more. What does Fall mean to you?
Tonight we will sleep with the windows open and fans on for the first time in weeks (?).
I'm so pleased I got 4, count 'em, 4 comments today. Thanks everyone. I feel loved.
2 comments:
Fall to me is Thanksgiving - my favorite holiday. I like Christmas, too, but just an inkling less. Halloween is also a favorite: kids dressed up, the neighborhood coming together. I love fall colors, trees changing, wind blowing the leaves through the air and the amazing colors in the sky.
But I'm not ready for it yet.
Fall means the A/C is put back in the garage, the chickens are eating the remains of the tomato plants, and the pigskin is in play. The days are cooler, the mosquito's are dead, the flies are dying, and the dogs are shedding. I really love fall!
Post a Comment