I'm referring to the weather, not the picture above...
I have been one miserable pup this whole weekend. It's about 100 degrees outside, and that much at least inside my house. At night with a window air conditioner it's maybe 80. I am carrying the pager for work for the first time in several years, meaning I could get called out for a psychiatric emergency at any time. This has not helped my sleep pattern. I did respond Friday night at 9:00 to the ER and got home at 12:30 a.m. Not that bad, really, but I was way keyed up afterwards and had trouble falling asleep. Have felt like a layer of sweat, grime and sleepiness ever since. Relief found in the a/c of the YMCA where I could get some studying done and they have wireless. Now I am in my son's room with the window unit cranked trying to finish The Alchemist. I don't really like it, by the way, but feel obligated to finish and return it to my friend. I agree with her 15 year old daughter, boring. I could go through the boy's dresser drawers and get rid of old clothes to ready for new school clothes which he will want, but does not need.
The only thing that makes me feel better is googling Matt Damon.
3 comments:
It's miserably hot here as well; nothing seems to help. Wishing you cooler temps.
ragged,
I'm feeling cooler listening to your recommendation of A Long December! I got it off Itunes. I guess I've heard it before, but never really listened to CC's. Very good.
When I went to I tunes, I forgot the name of the song and was looking for London Calls (I don't know why). At least I had the Lon right. my memory fails me! Went back to read your blog again.
You have excellent taste in music, btw.
ah, well, at least the Alchemist is a timy book and you'll get though it quickly. it is, however, one of my all time favorite books. I love the parable it tells and it is very meaningful to my life.
Post a Comment