I'm sitting by an open window at 10:37 p.m. with a fan in front of it, and the air is wonderful. I am amazed. After class I took a walk with Pat and we walked at a clip, it was so refreshing. A perfect night. Stars galore. Crickets chirping, no traffic.
This wind on my legs is my personal legend. See I am no good with metaphor. That is why I will never be a very good writer. A practical writer, maybe. But not a good one.
Madz, is that what the shepherd was pursuing in The Alchemist? I gave the book back this morning and couldn't look it up: personal legend? Finally finished it last night. I did write down a couple of phrases from the book I liked:
Your eyes show the strength of your soul.
Everyday was there to be lived or to make one's departure from this world.
1 comment:
:) - yup, personal legend! Totally loving your personal legend, made me laugh! But certainly something much sought after during the hot summer months, right?
So glad that you're finally getting a bit of a reprieve from the weather. It sounds like it's been horrible. We don't have AC either, but we don't have the same kind of humidity that you have.
Post a Comment