Friday, March 09, 2007

A View Looking In


I was looking for some inspiration in my pictures, and found this. Frankly, I'm a little burnt out on writing. At work today, it was kind of nice because I had all day to catch up on stuff. Most of it was writing. Meeting minutes and articles for the newspaper on social hosting (adults providing alcohol to minors) and parental communication and monitoring. Easier to give advice than carry it out myself. Actually, I'm pretty happy with my parenting skills overall.
This is the most complete room in my little dollhouse. My mom actually needlepointed the little welcome mat. I haven't put the kind of effort into it like I thought I would two years ago when I got it. I guess my girlhood dream should have remained just that. Since this picture was taken, this little living room contains a fireplace, a silver tea set and a kitten in a basket, thanks to some birthday gifts from Betsy. The other room that has gotten some attention is the attic. My plan is to have the kids sleep there. There are some miniature Cubbie pictures glued on the ceiling above where the beds will go. In the corner is a box of Christmas paper and ornaments.
Spring break for the kids has officially begun. We are going to take off for New Orleans on Tuesday. Not too much planned, we have a room in the French Quarter. Most of my ideas center around food (Beignets at Cafe du Monde, Emeril's, Quarter Master Deli). Maybe a swamp tour, voodoo shop, visit with Brangelina at their new home in the French Quarter, and cemetery walk. Any other suggestions appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post .Like the picture and the whole decoration of the room very very much. You can also visit my blog on Birthday Gifts and have a look through numerous gift options. take care. lol .ciao

madretz said...

mmm...beignets!