Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hair Emergency

We had something of a hair crisis last night when we tried for some bargain haircuts at a friend's house. A dude named Julius was cutting hair for ten bucks so we thought we'd get the boys taken care of. It's getting very difficult to even schedule a regular appointment with school, work, track practice, guitar, Scholastic Bowl, baseball, etc. Nothing against Julius, but I don't think he cuts much white-boy hair. When I walked in and saw Boy14's hair, akin to early Beatles/Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka/Artie Johnson on Laugh-In, it was really hard to keep a straight face. When I asked for layering he said he didn't have "shears."

Boy12 was really concerned about big brother going to school looking like that, assured him Dad could fix it by buzzing it off, chastised me for laughing in the car, and offered to enter the house first to tell Dad not to laugh. Dad had a wonderful solution, taking him to Wal-mart . I called to make sure they were still open and alerted them an emergency was coming in.

When they got there, she assumed Boy12 was the emergency, and fixed his hair up a little, then went to work on Boy14. The results are pictured above. I didn't have the heart to photograph them pre-second haircut, not knowing everything would turn out okay. He would not have allowed me to publish it on the blog anyway, but it sure would be good for laugh now and then in the privacy of our own home.


Suffice it to say, a lot of hair was shed, and I couldn't be happier. It may not be perfect, but I haven't seen these faces in ages. Now it's time to work on Boy18, who looks a little like Sanjaya.

No comments: