Tuesday, March 20, 2007

866-idols-11

We had kind of a good laugh over Idol tonight, which has nothing to do with the picture above. Actually I got home after 8:00 and watched the end of the show live. I saw a young girl bawling in the audience during Melinda's rendition of "As Long As He Needs Me." Since I was bawling, too, I didn't think much of it (I had recently seen "Oliver" if you remember, and I loved the music from it). I then saw the re-cap at the end so when I went through the DVR tape (?) from the beginning, I could just watch the ones of interest. The boys actually wanted to see Gina sing "Paint It Black," something they have on their Ipods. But I had to show them how awful Sanjaya was, although he was better than usual! And there was the same girl, crying and quivering for Sanjaya. They showed her about 10 times, then had him go out and hug her afterwards. Weird!
Well, I hope to hear from Betsy on what she thought of the performances. Anyone else, too.

1 comment:

Ginnie Hart said...

That little girl crying and grimacing was worth the whole show. So totally unbelievable. Where did she learn THAT??!!

Anyway, Sanjaya was a different person altogether, so one wonders what else he is capable of. But I must say that at this point, Melinda Doolittle ("Do Lots" as the sign said) is the one I'm betting on. Her voice is already at stage/show status. Let's see what happens. As we know, this show isn't always about the real voice talent but about showmanship. It might be better for Melinda if she doesn't win so that she can go off and do her own thing. I guarantee that she's already been "noticed" by those who matter.