I left for Springfield Capital Airport at 7 am. I listened to Spingfield's oldies on the way - things like ELO's Telephone and Easy Like Sunday mo o o o o orn ing. I'm not gonna lie I missed Adam on the drive and just being in Springfield. I met a nice lady at the airport, she was actually younger than me but retiring from the Sangamon sheriff's department next year. I remembered my last (only) encounter with them being over Adam's death...
I saw a first this morning, a crop dusting helicopter!
Now I am waiting for Betsy and Ethan in O'Hare. I forgot how many damn people there are in Chicago. I found a quiet space and 30 minutes of free wifi. And when did dogs in airports become a thing? Okay there's a tattoo guy sleeping in front of me but at least he doesn't snore.
Not knowing what else to bring our host Kathleen, I picked up some of Chicago's favorite Garrrett's popcorn (cheese and caramel mix) and a Rocky Mountain English toffee apple. And I still have 2.5 hours until our flight to Frankfurt. Trump better not mess this up.
PS when did the 70 and 80's become oldies? I thought music of the 60's and maybe 70's was old...
Here is us waiting for our flight to Malta in the Frankfurt Airport:

No comments:
Post a Comment