I've been back to reality almost two weeks, and it seems like there is nothing to write about. My kitchen is clean, bills paid, coffee in hand, and a blank mind.
I was going to write the backstory of how I came to stay at the US Ambassador's residence in Malta, and barring no other topics today, I will proceed. My sister went to college at the University of Denver back in the 80's, and I followed her out right after I got married the first time in 1985. She had met a nice group of friends in her dorm, and they remained friends throughout their time there. Kristin was her first roommate and continued to be her roommate for several years. She was Adam's first babysitter. Claudia was a viola major from Colorado who later landed in the Chicago area after attending Northwestern for her Masters and works as a professional musician. Kathleen was also from Colorado, and she continued to grad school at Columbia and joined the State Department in 1994. She has been working her way up the ranks since then, working with John Kerry when he was Secretary of State. She was recommended for the Ambassadorship sometime in 2015, and was confirmed in January 2016. Betsy and Claudia attended the hearing and swearing ceremony in Washington, DC. Correct me if I'm wrong, Betsy.
Betsy has always been a loyal friend and family member and makes efforts to sustain and nurture relationships. It's one of her many great qualities. I was lucky enough to tag along on her trip to Malta and was made to feel very welcome, safe and relaxed on this vacation of a lifetime- MY JACKIE O. HOLIDAY, as my friend Sharon called it.
No comments:
Post a Comment