I cried through my 5 minute meditation this morning. Tracey Chapman's first album came out when I was pregnant with Adam and living in Denver. Baby Can I Hold You became his song, rocking my pregnant belly in our slatted wooden rocking chair, then holding my warm little miracle until he fell asleep. I hadn't played the song since Adam passed until this morning. Maybe if I told you the right words at the right time...
I want to write a poem but I don't have a shred of poeticism in me. I am far too practical, efficient and direct in my writing.
In a bubble of my own making,
Don't try to pierce it
It might shatter into a billion jagged pieces and you will get hurt
Far away looking out from my bubble
Deep in my own soul
Pouring over every remnant I can find
Wide is the space between us
But I see you in the stars
And the clouds and the sky
Closer than I dreamed
1 comment:
That's beautiful and lyrical. You have a poet's soul and your writing throughout this process has been filled with poetry. But this is truly lovely.
Post a Comment