Thursday, September 13, 2007

Weatherbug

We are having classic fall weather. In the morning, you put on a sweater and are still freezing, blast the heat in your car, but when you get back in for lunch it's hot as a microwaved potato. In the evening, you are again scrounging for your jacket and resisting the temptation to turn the heat on. I have noticed more spiders, one scampered down my leg the other day, another was clinging to the sideview mirror for dear life this morning. Several people are having fits with the fleas this year. I have ankle bites from I'm not sure what.

Speaking of heat. The gas and electric company in Illinois was pressured to provide rate relief and rebates to us lowly customers after a five year rate freeze expired in January and electricity costs skyrocketed. I have gas heat; for once I was thankful. But they say everyone will at least get a $100 check in the mail very soon. I saw a 7 pixel digital camera with 3x zoom at Aldi's for $99.99. Don't know the brand, probably generic. I'm thinking of using my rebate for that. Even if the other digital is found, it wouldn't be bad to have a back up. Pat encouraged me, saying I need this for my hobby, just like he needs new golf clubs for his hobby.

3 comments:

madretz said...

I'll jump right on that bandwagon and encourage you to get that camera! That way you can show me all the wonderful fall color you'll get because it sure will be a lot more than I get here in California.

Ginnie Hart said...

So when did I miss that you lost your camera???

susan d said...

The last time I downloaded pictures was around August 21. I don't remember having it after that. I didn't seriously look for it until about 10 days later, and probably too late to reconstruct events that would lead me to figure out where it is.
Unless of course someone came into the house and stole it, leaving behind the plasma tv, laptop, ipods and other re-sellable items.