I need to get something up here for Betsy (and anyone else who cares) who is working again on Sunday. I had planned to spend tomorrow preparing for my first paper which is due Oct. 1. The topic is a critical analysis of a film or book with emphasis on the developmental issues facing the individual or family in relation to the societal context as well as personal reaction and emotional response, new awareness, as well as the film's relationship to social work values, mission and ethics. That's part of the assignment anyway. 10 pages or less.
I stopped by our one video store in town to pick up Boys Don't Cry starring Hillary Swank. I really had my heart set on that film since I've wanted to see it for a long time and I think it would fit perfectly into the theme of the paper. I'm also interested in further researching transgender issues and learning more about that. I did very well in film classes my first time through college, so I'm eager to get going on this project. Can you believe they didn't have it? I called the grocery store that has a limited supply of movies and the 16 year old that answered the phone didn't even really check before telling me they didn't have it either. That leaves the small town 20 miles away that has a video store, wait, this town doesn't even allow African Americans to live there, unlikely they will have this film.
So I resorted to ordering it off half.com. I love that website. Have gotten several textbooks there cheap. I just wish I had it tomorrow...
Oh good, I didn't throw away that folder of transgender resources my friend gave me when I was writing a paper last summer.
I guess I will instead get out the big box of Stampin' Up crap I brought home from my mother's house today and make some cards.
Last summer, that sounds weird. I have to admit it is fall. Tonight I sat through a college football game where our Division 1 AA (something like that) team blanked a Divsion 3 school 69-0. That was interesting...my friend Angie invited me as her husband is a graduate assistant/coach and she gets four free tickets per game. Pat went and left after one quarter. I thought the band was really good.
I helped the cleaning lady clean my house today. That's the problem if they come on a weekend. You have to pitch in. We actually got a lot done that way. I did anyway. She was a little more thorough than I.
2 comments:
Trying one more time to post anonymously. Hasn't worked the past two times, though it used to work.
I'll really want to read this paper! That's a movie I've wanted to see, too, and will give me a good reason.
Thanks for the blog--makes a Sunday morning bright!
great movie but depressing. i saw it recently, too - within the past year or so.
hurray for the stampin' up crap. it certainly can be crap cuz it piles up like you wouldn't (or maybe you would!) believe. I have too many.
Post a Comment