Sunday, September 16, 2007

Doggone Unbelievable


Boy13 was invited to the White Sox/Angels game today in Chicago and had seats with his buddy directly behind the catcher (reportedly). He's actually a Cubs fan, but he's not going to turn down any MLB game, especially one where Thome has a chance to hit his 500th Homer.

Well, Pat set the DVR and went off to play golf. I watched periodically, not particularly interested in the White Sox either. The boy would call on a cell and ask if we could see him, in his bright yellow LSU shirt, and he was just visible in the upper right hand corner, holding a HI MOM sign and one for THOME. Anyways, I 'm going about my deviled egg business and he calls, "Did you see it? Did you? Thome hit a walk off, his 500th and I was all over TV with my sign!!" I asked when did the game end? 20 minutes ago. Okay, I review the entire 3 hour DVR footage. You'd think 3 hours would be enough for a game, right? No, the Angels are batting in the top of the ninth when the screen silently fades and up comes the message:

Delete recording
Don't delete recording

We missed it, Pat did not set the DVR for long enough. Boy13 is gonna cry (figuratively) next time he calls on the four hour drive home and I tell him we didn't get it. Grrr.

No comments: