Tuesday, August 03, 2010

We in the South: Diagnosis Hyperhidrosis

We are as far south as you can get in Indiana, but it feels souther. A 1.2 mile walk to the Falls of the Ohio State Park didn't sound bad yesterday, and I thought those carrying water bottles were wimps. So wrong. By the time we wandered around the fossil beds and walked back to sis's house, we were all drenched including me, who is usually a pretty light sweater. Sitting in a/c all day then was a little uncomfortable with wet clothes on. Our afternoon activity was the water park across the road, Atlantis, which Pat carried out with the five kids. I stayed to help Betsy shop and cook the famous "Hot Brown Sandwiches" I had requested (a Louisville classic). We had 14 open face toasted smothered pockets for 13 people so we were a little stingy with the kids. Turned out they loved them and were turned down in their requests for more. After the adults ate, we actually had 1 1/2 left over. Bummer. Never get the food thing right. Game night had to be divided between two rooms and two games but fun nonetheless.

Pat and I found a cute little coffee shop called "Perk-fection" and breakfasted there yesterday. He decided to cut out early and left this morning, not interested in the Louisville Slugger Museum followed by Marengo Cave this afternoon. Mom, Dad and I stayed back to study (me) and grill hot dogs for lunch between outings.

No comments: