Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Details, details, the devil is in the details

These last few days before school/work starts are busy wtih appointments, errands, etc. Today I switched out cars with my parents. With the new commute, I felt a need to be comfortable so I will be driving a largish sedan rather than the rattle trap Corolla. More gas expense, but I hope it will save me some energy and be safer. I know, that sounds really stupid. So that involved transfering the junk in my trunk, license plates, title, registration, and notifying the insurance company. Insuring 3 young men is not a cheap proposition either.

I don't know how people live on one salary these days. The utilities and insurance are as much as a house payment. Supporting kids through college is another one. And there are now so many extraneous 'necessities' like cable and internet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how people by get on two salaries sometimes. On the other hand, I know there are lots of people who make twice what I do so if I earned that kind of money, it wouldn't be so bad.

Ginnie Hart said...

I'm guessing you'll have a day eventually when you can settle back into a more simple lifestyle, Susan, but when the kids are growing up and depend on you, what other choice do you have??