Wednesday, August 04, 2010

We be Trippin'

Highlight of my day: riding to dinner on the back of my BIL's motorcycle. The experience was a little cumbersome with two very heavy large helmets (required in Indiana but not in Kentucky). My head kept bumping against Chuck's when we would start and stop, and it was an extremely hot day, and it was a little difficult to hold my head on one side or the other of Chuck's so as to see where we were going. Other than getting used to that, and believe me, I wouldn't be out of the Interstate without a helmet these days, it was great fun. He rode me down around the Ohio River park development that has occurred over the last several years and I hadn't really explored that area yet.

So many things to do in Louisville. They have the new U of L arena erected, and it is a mighty fine structure. Some say it looks like an airstream trailer, but I'm not so sure. It is unique architecture anyway. The kids and some grown ups went to the Louisville Slugger museum in the morning and found something to new enjoy about it. They went maybe about 7 years ago. In the afternoon we went to Marengo Cave in southern Indiana. I was distracted by the tour guide's accent. She called the Ceiling, the Silling. Good formation and at 52 degrees was a great place to be in the afternoon.
Dinner was at Lynn's Paradise Cafe, an eclectic cornucopia of crap for decor. Interesting. I like playing with the little plastic animals in buckets on the table and the Find It. Food was somewhere in the B range.

No comments: