My day...
I shouldn't have gone to work, but I always go when I'm sick. I reserve my sick days for mental health. First, I cancelled a home visit where a newborn lives, so as not to hack all over her and infect her. The next visit there was smoking (not good for my lungs at all). About 20 minutes in I had a coughing fit I couldn't control. I was hacking so bad I was gagging and throwing up in my mouth. They generously offered me a bottle of water (boil order still in effect).
Later in the copy room it happened again. The whole office was I'm sure irritated with me spreading my germs all over. At this point, I called the doctor and got in at 2:15. The nurse practioner gave me a couple scripts for cough syrup with codeine, I'm feeling it, and Zithromax because, "your throat looks red". Okay, I know we're not supposed to be taking antibiotics willy nilly, so I considered blowing that off, but after coming home and lying down I felt worse and decided to take it anyway.
Did I mention I won Spider Solitaire yesterday (at work)? haha. My scrapbooking friend and I were busting a gut about some study stating the average American spends two or three hours a day messing around on the Internet or playing games at work. What did we do before computers to waste time at work? And what about all the pressure and downsizing and squeezing the life out of employees? Somehow it doesn't quite add up. Actually I was told I shouldn't be exceeding productivity standards regularly so I've been trying to kick back. I think today would qualify since about all I did was cough.
I think the codeine is kicking in. Pat and I are going to relax and watch the Bourne Ultimatum (2nd time)tonight. I love the opening sequence in that movie. Thank you Secret Santa.
No comments:
Post a Comment