Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry One






I'm sorry I waited a week to update the old blog. It was a busy week, in spite of having no classes to worry about. I worked until Friday and it was a wild week. My fellow case manager was off to Jamaica for a belated honeymoon, lucky girl, so I had to cover her caseload for her (she has mine this week!).

There were two basketball games this week. One was a nail biter in which only 8 of the 15 boys got to play. Thursday night was a domination by our team, so everyone got to play. I have to say I understand the flip side of "running up the score." I used to think there was no reason for it, and it was simply bad sportsmanship. However, when your kid rarely gets to play, he gets in and wants to play. He also wants to prove himself and perhaps increase his chances to play next time. So Boy13 made a nice steal and breakaway layup. He was also fouled while shooting and made the first of two freethrows. Finally with two seconds on the clock he shot and made a nice jumper, falling on the floor in the process and evoking a big cheer from the crowd and dogpile from his teammates. It reminded me of when Boy19 won his first wrestling match in two years of varsity wrestling.





No comments: