Saturday, November 03, 2007

A Little More Mack











Since I don't have much else going on right now I will share a couple more pics from beautiful Michigan and Mackinac Island.
From the top we have a golf course belonging to the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. Below that Terri and me in front the hotel. I believe it cost $12 to go in and look around the hotel which obviously we didn't do. After 6pm Gents must wear coat and tie, and Ladies, no slacks. With rooms starting at $367 this was not our kind of place.
The large abode is Brenda and Roger's place in Ithaca. The white chairs are set up for the wedding ceremony. Below that, the lovely trees and pond that the house overlooks to the West. A really nice spot. I see why she left this area. The Canadian folks were saying that people are either Mountain, Ocean or Flatlanders. I guess that makes me a flatlander, though it doesn't sound real flattering.

3 comments:

madretz said...

Beautiful photos, so very fall! I can't believe they charge $12 just to walk into the hotel, that's outrageous especially since they're charging so much for a room. And really, no pants? You mean i'd have to actually wear a skirt or dress to visit this hotel AND pay them $12? Riight, that's gonna happen. And I thought I wanted to see this place. thanks for shedding the light! (But it does look pretty).

susan d said...

I wonder if 'no slacks' means you can go bottomless!

Ginnie Hart said...

Can you believe that after growing up in Michigan, I have never yet been to Mackinac Island! But I did see "Somewhere in Time" which was partly filmed there at the Grand Hotel. Does that count? :)