Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cold November

The cooler weather has set in, and I'm none too happy about it. The wind has died done so it is not so bad.



Last night I gorged on a free dinner provided by the School of Social Work which was billed as a 'social' and getting to know the new students joining our cohort in January. It failed on the social account, because there were no formal introductions, and people sat wherever and only mingled with the small group at their table, if that. But the food was fantastic- pasta dish must've had MSG in it because I couldn't stop eating it. Key Lime pie for dessert, very sweet. I had a stomach ache all night.

Today I got nervey and stopped at the Clinique counter for a makeover. Wow, now I know why they call it "putting on my face" in the morning. It looked like someone else had taken over my head. Boy13 hid his eyes and said, "You're scaring me." Well, it was a drastic change. I do think it is time to start wearing some degree of make-up, however. It helps with the dark circles, age spots and other inconsistencies of old age.

It's time to get some work done on my next paper due December 3rd. Substance abuse in adolescents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are brave! I had a makeover once at a Mary Kay party and was totally freaked out. I guess those of us who rarely wear make-up find it a difficult transition, but it explains why when you see stars without their makeup and how odd they look! I feel just as weird wearing all that make up. But cover up for circles under eyes and some foundation to cover spots isn't really "make up" in the same way.