Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sneeder Birds


These are my favorite birds at feeding time at the state park. Turns out it was pre-feeding time, but when we went to put the seed out the birds all fled. Did you know birds are so afraid of people?


My favorite sign of spring is waking to the sounds of sneeder sneeder sneeder. As a kid I always thought these were sneeder birds. Later found out that is the sound of cardinals. Man, I love these birds. The males are the bright red ones, the females pale in comparison, the opposite of humans.
I wish I knew how to control where pictures go on this thing. The photo on the left is a distorted picture of sister Betsy and me.
I strained my neck and shoulder muscles in the shower this morning, it was very tense driving today, I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on, and I'm quite exhausted, so will call it a night.

5 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

Hmmm. Sneeder, sneeder. Never heard of that but it makes sense, I guess. Cardinals are so very beautiful and, yes, the "opposite of humans." Since the males are the ones who "want it," I guess they feel the need to attract the females to them. Hmmm. When did we stop listening to Nature? :)

So sorry you strained your muscles. Are you okay by now? Sometimes strains can take a week to heal, just like colds!

madretz said...

Those birds are so cool - there's nothing like them in California. The first time I saw a red cardinal was driving thru the midwest in 1998.
Hope you feel better soon.

Tag03 said...

Betsy says bird picture is like a where's waldo picture. I can count six, and maybe eight birds. The one with it's wing outstretched is cool.

susan d said...

Yes, enlarged it is kind of neat to see more birds.

Mother of Invention said...

These are beautiful male cardinals aren't they? I've never heard them called that before!