Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lying About My Age When I Should Be Exercising


I was just doing my nightly cruise around the blogs (when I should be cruising around the BLOCK or at the Y doing laps around the track) when I noticed profiles contain one's Chinese zodiac year. I went back to check my profile, since I've always liked being year of the rabbit. Two astounding things then happened. I noticed it said my year was RAT. That would be my last pick, as if one could pick, and I realized I had lied about my age. I thought I said I was 25 (I guess hoping that more people would look at a 25 year old), but it now said 250! Okay, I went to edit and saw my birth year was 1756, and the zodiac year automatically corresponds. Anyway, I fixed that, and now you will know I am 43 and proud (sometimes).


The other surprise was that I had been stuck on 95 profile views forever. Today there were 121. I am so happy, even though only three have commented. This is getting more fun (and addictive) everyday. Now I have to find a picture.
This is all my boys and me on Pike's Peak in 2000. It was a traumatic ride up on the train, between my youngest being struck with a terrible stomach ache and my husband looking over the edge of the mountain saying, "I didn't know it was going to be like this," and battling vertigo.

4 comments:

madretz said...

It's surprising to know how many people actually lurk and never leave a comment.

Thanksgiving, one of my SIL's said something about a pie I had made. I was so confused because I wondered how she knew about it. I had never told her personally. Turned out she was reading my blog!

So I wouldn't be surprised if you actually have more readers than you think you do! :)

Ginnie Hart said...

HA! The lurking people need to all stand up and be counted. :)

Anyway, nice to meet your darling family. THREE BOYS. My ex-husband was the youngest of FOUR boys. :)

BTW, Christina also told me that once she was forced into New Blogger, she, too, got all kinds of inaccuracies. I sure hope they're all ironed out before I move over! :)

susan d said...

I barely know who I am anymore with this new blogger, new google account, etc.

Mother of Invention said...

Beautiful looking family! You must be a busy mom with 3 boys!!

Thanks for the visitand comment. Hope the login remembers you soon!