A friend from Connecticut turned me on to some beautiful products from Haiti. A friend of a friend who was a nurse started a project in Haiti to help the women in a village there make some money to sanitize their water, educate their kids, etc. They make beautiful embroidered pillowcases, table runners and nightgowns out of 100% cotton. I have one nightgown and it is my favorite one ever. They are really exceptional items, and reasonably priced. I am sure this is all on the up and up, and the website is accordingly very low budget. You can find out more at www.haitiprojects.org.It's a quiet night, not a lot of blogging out there. I am going to try to figure out a few things...
Boy 12 got 8th out of 25 in the school spelling bee against 7th and 8th graders. He had to take a guess at "hearth," never having heard of it. Phonics didn't work on this one.
1 comment:
It sounds like a worthy project, Susan, and is always good to hear about such enterprises.
Congratulations to Boy12 who did much better than the average. Good for him!
BTW, I like your new color/look. :)
Post a Comment