In my flannels and bathrobe before 8:00. March is going out like a lion, and I, for one, am getting damn sick of it. We had a nice birthday celebration for Mom tonight at what was supposed to be Shiloh's (fine dining) but turned about to be Chicks (casual dining). She says, "You're only 75 once" to which I replied, "You're only any age once." I am getting so cranky and irritable in my middle age. And if AARP sends me one more solicitation before I am 50, I am going to take serious legal action.
Pat is in the bathroom screaming and swearing at the toilet he's trying to fix. Boy18 gets bent on harping on certain household enigmas of which there are many in this home, and the toilet running downstairs is the latest of those that apparently finally got on Pat's nerves, too. Why he would start this at 8 p.m. on a Sunday, maybe BIL Chuck can answer. Boy18 has decided to invite his girlfriend over to run lines for the play in the middle of this project which adds yet another layer of complication to this state.
It is back to work tomorrow after a peaceful week of spring break. I did accomplish some of my to do list, including completing Module 2 (of 3) for my grad class, getting Boy16's baseball t-shirt quilt sewn together but not tied, daily exercise, and Bjarke's scrapbook all but ready to mail when Boy16 gives me his narrative account of the trip to include on the last page. Some of you may have see the pictures of the pages on Facebook. I managed to erase an entire disk of some 500 pictures and videos of Denmark without having saved them to my computer. Luckily this time Vibe has copies. Some may remember how devastated she was when Boy18 visited in 2008 and 400-500 of her pictures mysteriously disappeared when she went to have them printed. She was not fooled this time but the curse must have extended to me.
1 comment:
Haaaaaaaa! Haaaaaaaaaaa! Never thought BIL Pat would do this--thought it was only Chuck--start a project at an inconvenient time, I mean. Really anxious to see the play--hope it works for us to come over. Missed everyone at Spring Break, but had a pretty special time anyway. Hope to have my own pictures soon. Have seen more of Nephewnearly17 on FB. Looks like fun and he has the requisite scarf on! Hee, hee.
Post a Comment