I saw this ad on Freecycle, a service where people give and receive items with no monetary exchange. It's kind of sad when people put animals up on such a site. Often people will chime in and criticize the owners if there is any hint of abuse or neglect or even thoughtlessness:
I have a 1 1/2 year old lab/german shepherd mix that needs a good home. She is a good girl, but I don't have the time to give her. You may reply to this email or call 309-333-7289.
I am slowly working through my grad classs on Engaging Troubling Students. The word "troubling" bothered me at first because it sounds like we are troubled or bothered by the students. Judgemental, like they are getting in our way. In reality, I wouldn't have a job if not for these students troubling someone. I thought 'troubled students' was more accurate, but who am I say they are troubled? They may think they are perfectly fine. Somewhere along the way, my students have been labeled emotionally or behavior disordered. That means, they don't fit in well with the general students and teachers. Some are just quirky, weird, or odd. Others are volatile, defiant and bold. Many have learned this from having to protect themselves out in the world or in their own homes. The emotional disorders are more those with a mental health diagnosis that is front and center. Some are in the program because they are picked on or bullied. This class I am taking is an alternative to a strict behavioral approach (rules-rewards-punishment). Towards support, understanding and a participatory classroom structure.
And now from Denmark (Friday):
Dear Susan and co
Cal arrived after the scedule. Danish students with flags and the host families were all there. We took the train to NivÄ, and Cal got his room. After an hour did Bjarke and he go for a walk in the cold but sunny weather. They actually went to the beach. At 7 am we are going to dine- and Cal is taking a nap right now.
He is tired but full of smiles- and the two"cap-boys" talk non stop. I´m sure its gonna be fun.
I thought you would like to know.
Yours Vibe
________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment