Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Post Script

I will just mix up the dates if I try to back track. I wanted to mention our anniversary dinner. Mom treated us to the French restaurant on the boat (extra charge) for her 52nd anniversary which she was celebrating with us instead of her husband. I had some flavorful cream mushroom soup for appetizer. Betsy and I had the lamb chops. I ordered medium rare and Betsy medium well. Hers were pinker than mine, but they insisted they gave us the correct ones. I couldn't get the fork into those puppies, let alone the knife. Tough as tripe, but plentiful (huge). I finally determined these were loin chops, not rib chops. When Pat and I prepared lamb rib chops for Easter they were delicate and soft and moist and wonderful. I'm glad I spent the extra money on the better cut. Mom had the duck and sent it back for more cooking. Then it took an hour to cut it off the bone and remove the fat. She would have preferred it thinly sliced with a sauce over the top. For dessert Betsy had a magnificent Creme Brulee. This was done right. Actually our mediocre server, Floyd from Jamaica, claimed he had made it himself. Mediocre because despite the fact he only had one or two tables he had trouble remembering the orders and wanted us to read off numbers from the menu which we needed to use reading glasses for. I had the Napoleon, a dark chocolate horribly rich concoction I could only eat half of. All in all, Le Bistro was not a success, but we celebrated 52 years of marriage nonetheless.

Later that night we went to a Chocoholic Buffet which was a big disappointment. Since we hadn't had quite enough chocolate. We couldn't find the fondue, and ended up with more gelatinus desserts than one might find in a nursing home. I never want to see chocolate again.

We had the great glasses hunt several times on the trip. This is something I think Dad is familiar with. This is where mom can't find one of her three pairs of glasses: the red Sally Jessie Rapheal's for distance, the Walgreen's reading glasses, or the Rx sunglasses. Sometimes these are worn simultaneously on top of each other.

No comments: