There are 2400 cruisers on board and another 1000 employees this Norwegian Star but I have to say it doesn't feel like it, though it is a small city. I've been waking usually between 5-6 am. and getting up anywhere from 6-7 am. At 3:15 am. I woke one morning it and was still light. I couldn't get back to sleep. Starting to feel like Al Pacino in that movie where he was a detective brought in to AK to solve a murder and he couldn't sleep. Bags under the eyes, just awful.
One night there were pictures with the captain and families and couples were all dressed for it. Betsy marveled at where women find men who 'put up with that crap.' Amen sister. The cruise has meeting times set up for Friends of Dorothy (GLBT guests), Friends of Bill W. (Alcoholics) and who knows what else. BTW, if anyone knows what the "dorothy" reference is to, let me know.
My only complaint of cruising so far is a tinge of smoke from the casino and some people smoking on the deck. We went to a mystery dinner Monday night and met some nice people. OF course, we have to call them by their stage names, Falcon, J.D. (my female husband), Tanya (Betsy's 60 year old twin sister), etc. It was fun. Some got into their characters. They had tables of eight and each table had the same mystery to act out and solve together.
Mom, Betsy and I are having a great time. Mom is using some words I don't usually hear her say. She is enjoying some humor I didn't think she would find funny. We are laughing until unspeakable things happen. Don't ask, don't tell. We have enjoyed Second City, rock bands, Name that Tune, Family Feud, Dancing with the Stars and What's My Line. I submitted an unusual job I had at one time. I then had to act it out for 30 seconds and answer questions from a panel yes or no. I did stump them with my pantomime of "Bus trainer for the visually impaired." My mom yells out in the middle of, "I'm her mother, and I don't even know what she's doing."
I ate 20 prunes in 2 days and got kind of a stomach ache.
No comments:
Post a Comment