Friday, December 19, 2008

Free Day



Today my good fortune was someone else's misfortune. The Ice Storm to beat all storms finally came through last night and rained and froze all night. The sound of cracking trees pierced the night several times, but our home didn't lose power. Lucky for us, certain areas of town did lose power including Pat's and my work. Yea!! Snow day, ice day! Free Day. It felt like Saturday all day, but tomorrow is Saturday and my grocery shopping is done, a little Christmas shopping accomplished and just a nice relaxing day.

Here is a list of my objectives for this holiday break from school:

Write something about my cousin who recently committed suicide for the Family News _done.
Resume exercise_ in progress
Read a book, other than the children's book I've been reading since October_ in progress "An Unquiet Mind" memoir of a psychiatrist who battled Bipolar Disorder most of her life. I love reading books about mental illness. Very compelling. Amazing, brilliant woman.
Place order for group I belong to_ done

That's about it for now. Spaghetti sauce splattered on my white sweater and I am none to pleased about it. Gotta go take care of it now before it sets in (Stain stick is a life saver).

1 comment:

Ginnie Hart said...

It feels like this is a winter to be remembered everywhere for years to come, Susan. I have such fond memories of those snow/ice days in Michigan as a child. Here in Atlanta we're lucky if we get one snow-dusting a year...but if we do, it's like a Midwestern blizzard, because everything stops! No one knows how to drive in it (except we Northerners) and there is no equipment to clear off the roads (except maybe the major highways).