After turning in my last paper, my mom called and told me she found one more typo (yes, I have my parents *one retired English professor* read my papers). Lest you think that cheating, it was recommended by more than one professor that you have at least one outside opinion. Keeps you writing and expressing yourself more clearly. At least in social science writing, there's a tendency to assume others know what you are talking about, and believe me, they don't. I also leave out of a lot small words if you haven't noticed here.
So, my mom tells me the last sentence of my paper contains the phrase, "per say" rather than "per se." There's no way to correct it now, without driving the teacher crazy with revision after revision to clutter up his computer (on-line class, submission process). So, it's done and not perfect like I wanted.
So, our governor is a joke. I thought it ironic Blago made national news the day before his arrest broke, standing with Illinois factory workers who lost their jobs and blasting the Bank of America. Well, only the fourth Illinois governor to go to prison...he could share a cell with Mr. George Ryan.
5 comments:
I say per se, you say per say, let's call the whole thing off! Re: Blago--I cracked up on the news when they said, "Even by Illinois' historic corruption standards, this meets a new low" or something to that effect. I just hope it doesn't all end up reflecting badly on Obama that he's from Illinois--I mean it's kind of synonymous with corruption in govt...
Okay, I have to admit I feel a bit for Patti Blago being caught on wire tap saying the F-word repeatedly. Makes me really feel bad when it slips out of my mouth to think everyone in the world will think I'm bar room broad/terribly gauche person if my phone/car/home is being tapped. Why am I defending these people in any way??
My ex-husband always said I should get a job as a proof reader, Susan, and I agree. Everything I read lately (not online) seems to have typos in it, even things that shouldn't, like from snooty books/magazines. Oh well. Maybe it's the online machines that don't catch everything???
At least you're done. Now enjoy the holidays!
congrats on finishing your paper!
also wanted to let u know I made a collage out of the goodies you sent me! Just posted to my bloggity.
So much fun to do, thanks for the inspiration! What a great idea!
My most comments in one day! Wow, I'm blessed.
Haben, Kate- nice to meet you. I would love to read your blog, especially if it deals with education. I guess access is private.
I am connected to most of the bloggers through Ginnie H. _ In Soul blog. She's the hub of everything and to think I found her in a sea of blogs through Il Divo.
Post a Comment