Friday, December 05, 2008

Finding Peace and Blessings

Finding peace and joy and blessings is sometimes hard for me, especially as winter sets in and things, even little things, don't go my way. I think I have been especially lucky and spoiled in having my way most of the time. Here is some nice things:
gas for $1.65
a job and a holiday bonus of $50
University of Buffalo winning the Mac- Turner Gill
watching the boys play basketball and trumpet
a heating pad on my bed
Boy20 met Iguodaula's cousin at school
putting on my pajamas

2 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

I have always liked the saying, Susan, that if we aren't thankful for what we have, even what we have will be taken away. Makes sense to me to be thankful for even the smallest of pleasures!!

madretz said...

6 weeks ago I was thrilled that gas was down to $2.65. Day before yesterday I paid $1.73. The most I paid this summer was $4.85. Yup, gotta count these particular blessings while it lasts.