Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday

I have finished my one and one half hours of studying for my social work licensing exam (an optional step I am fool enough to pursue) tonight so I am free to do whatever. Whatever has been, sorting through scrapbook pictures/papers/etc. in preparation for tomorrow night's class, checking Facebook to see that there are still no new exciting stuff going on in the world, picking a large bucket of corn in a field, riding around in the 1968 International Harvester truck, looking up a Weight Watchers recipe and getting distracted by a new blog called "Simply Nurtured." The writing was good although I am in a very different life stage than the author. I guess in my young parenting days I was experimenting with different parental philosophies, too, so I shouldn't be critical of differences in that area. I have become much more conservative in my parenting, though I seem to have little need to discipline or intervene in my children's lives at this point. Maybe I just think other parents should be a little more authoritarian with their children, even if I was not. My tolerance for other people's children has never been as high as for that of my own, which may explain it.

So, my goal is to study 1 1/2 hours daily and take the exam on August 9. That means working on my so-called vacation. As if the entire summer since May 28 hasn't been one big VACATION. We are going down to spend time with my sister in Southern Indiana the first of August.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Studying while on vacation, huh?