Here is Uncle Cal looking resplendent (2nd time I've used that word today) in his new suit. He stopped by to show off the new threads today. He told me he hasn't bought new clothes since his wife Alva died. I'm not sure but I think that was sometime in the 90's. 1990's. He's a sweetheart and is trying to impart all the family history he can to the next generation (or anyone who will listen). His Parkinson's is making his speech very labored at times and hard to follow. Some of his favorite phrases are "he went to work and ..." and "a woman should raise all her husband's children." That last one comes from 'shocking' family history that was revealed about 15 years ago.
Uncle Cal's 1967 International Harvester pickup is in our driveway straight off the Farm in North Dakota. It took my parents 4 days to drive it here from ND. Wow, that was dedication to get that thing down here.
Four days till we leave for the Alaskan cruise. My mom, sister and I are departing from Seattle and will be back June 7. Can't wait.
3 comments:
he totally looks resplendent!
have fun on your cruise, take lots and LOTS of photos. can't wait to read all about it when you get back.
OMG. You will love your Alaskian cruise. Hope you see this before you leave. Have a fantastic trip! Your Uncle Cal clearly has been around the block once or twice. So glad you're getting the stories told!
I was going to say "dapper." Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment