Thursday, May 27, 2010

Into the Wild

So my sister calls me tonight and I am out for a long, leisurely bike ride, and gets me all hyped up about travel plans for Alaska. Boarding passes, luggage size, etc. When I say what time we're leaving for the airport, she gives me one of those, Oh's, with the dead air afterwards. Like that's not nearly early enough. I was way too unconcerned for her. I asked her earlier this week how we are going to resolve our inevitable quarrels while spending 10 days and nights together with our mother. There was no answer, of course, but to laugh about the time I was visiting her in Colorado in college and we got into a fight and I called up this goof ball who rode with me, and told him there was a change of plan and we would be leaving the next day instead of 3 days hence. Betsy was stuck lying in bed unable to move because she twisted her neck skiing and couldn't lift her head out of bed. I think she started crying and we made up and I had to call the guy back again and pretend like that was my evil twin who made the earlier phone call. We will have to use our fabulous Vick communication skills and it should make for a laugh later on in life.

I'm sure my dad will have plenty of panic attacks tomorrow when they come to pick me up. I will try to keep the blog up to date, since travelblogging is my favorite kind of blogging. There's always so much more to write about when you are on a grand adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start. I'm all worried about you guys and yet I'll be the one missing flights etc. As long I don't twist my neck and have to stay in bed...I only have one word in terms of great communication: FOOTLOOSE!!!