Saturday, May 29, 2010

Airports and Such

Just so you know, I am blogging at the unseemly rate of .55 per minute. And the internet is working exceedingly slowly, I assume so you eat your minutes faster. Cruises rake you on the 'incidentals.' So, if I don't correct my spelling, grammar, and left out words, forgive me.

Back to the airports. Everything went smooth until I realized at O'Hare that I had a rat tail comb in my purse. For those who don't know a rat tail comb is a very pointy, in this case plastic, hair utensil. Since I didn't have anything else to groom hair with, I decided to keep it in my purse since I had already passed security. Imagine my discomfort when they announced there would be random security checks before boarding, and since I was so close to the gate, I couldn't really remove it from my purse discreetly and either throw it away or break the tail off (making it possibly more dangerous item), I decided to take my chances. I made it on the plane without being checked and started eating the leftovers of my candy apple (carmel, white chocolate cheesecake rolled in graham cracker crumbs). I suddenly realized I was now on the plane with not only a pointy comb, but a very sharp wooden stick surrounded by delicious apple. Needless to say, since I am now on the Norwegian Cruise Line (heretofore known as NCL) headed to Alaska, I didn't get caught with that contraband either.

I was real excited that movie showing was "Invictus" since I've been wanting to see it. It started with Ashton Kutcher in a flower shop and that didn't seem right. Eventually I figured out I was watching "Valentine's Day," light barfola fare. It was actually somewhat entertaining, except there were 4 or 5 guys I think go by the names McDreamy, McSteamy and McCreamy and I couldn't tell them apart so that was a little confusing.

We slept in an airport Seattle hotel quite peacefully except for the famous noises of my mother in her disturbing sleep. Betsy and I both awoke at 4 a.m. and the sleep talking, mumbling, snoring, snorting, grinding, etc. was in full force. We had a hard time stopping laughing enough to relax and go back to sleep because more and more emanations were coming all the time. My dad and children know what I'm talking about.

No comments: