Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Assorted Pics



Did I mention Mom and Dad stayed at "Norman's Motel" in Old Orchard Beach? Despite the images of "Psycho," Mom felt she could take this Norman quite easily should he come at her with a knife. "More Santa Claus than Norman Bates," she stated. Chris had described making the reservation and that his voice was really quite Norman Bates-like. He imitated him so hilariously that I made him call up the motel and I was going to 'bait' him into saying something about how his mother was doing, but I couldn't stop laughing as soon as he handed it to me, and had to hang up the phone.

By the way, isn't it creepy how it has a real key and one of those plastic keytags??



Three boys, two pretty freckled. The cousins got along really well. On Friday night after camping, all the kids started a game of Stone (where you see who can go the longest without making a sound). Boy15 and 16 were into it 3.5 hours when Boy16 (who is ALWAYS champion of Stone) broke. The other kids were playing that Stealth thing on the IPod. It's the sound only kids can hear, not adults. For real. We set up experiments to test it and it's true! Anyway, for some reason Boy16 couldn't hear it, and he casually said, "It's too far away." He didn't even realized he spoke. I noticed it first, and Boy15 was ecstatic!




Betsy and Nephews11 and 10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the vacation pix. It's hard to come back to work, but reading the blog is really helping. It's nice to relive the good times.

Ginnie Hart said...

Don't you love it when kids get caught in their own traps! :D