
These are some friends of Roger from Canada. Keith has been all over the world on oil rigs (Turkey, Iran, Norway, Nova Scotia, Williston, ND). He and Roger told old stories around the fire last night about their adventures drillling for oil in North Dakota. The winter of 1980 was the coldest ever: -40 degrees and -123 windchill. Yow. I put that part in for my parents who are natives of ND, but were long gone by 1980. Anyway, Keith is a funny guy, ends most sentences with eh? We had a long discussion about Tim Horton's donuts (something I haven't seen since Buffalo, but there's one about 20 miles from here in Mt. Pleasant). The girls googled West Edmonton Mall which beats our Mall of America, in size anyway.
I'm looking out over a gorgeous field to the west this morning with trees in the background. The house has wonderful views and great big windows to see them from (more photos later). Last night was really comfortable. We all sat around watching The Family Guy, chosen by the under 25 crowd. Roger has two teenage boys as well. We all got a chuckle out of different things. I heard one of the girls comment, "This is a really nice evening." Brenda and Roger are very good hosts. Roger summed up most men's feelings about Chelsea Handler when we were watching her stand up routine, "She's nasty. My mother wouldn't like her."
There are going to be about 15 showers here this morning so I better get moving. I should be in Mackinac Island tonight. Ta-ta for now.
Brenda got a kick out of our quest for pasties (we pronounced it paste-ee). She corrected us before we embarrassed ourselves, it's pronounced past-ee. Pasties are like pot pies, not things you use to cover your breasts.
1 comment:
LOL on the pasties!!
I remember Tim Horton's and the West Edmonton Mall.
BURRR -123 windchill!
Have fun at Mackinac Island - i've never been, looking forward to your photos!
Post a Comment