Thursday, December 03, 2020

Whine About 2020

 I know this sounds like whining, and it is. I am grateful for the blessings of 2020 like being employed, and having a place to go outside my house. And not having to juggle kids and work and online learning. I truly don't know how I would have managed. 

But I did miss three biggies this year. The first was a workshop in April that would have made me a better therapist. That the location was somewhere I have long wanted to go (Sedona, AZ) was the icing on the cake. Well, COVID took that cake and shoved it down my throat. That conference will never be funded again for me to attend. I used some of my out of pocket flight credit, but still have $400 hanging out there to be used or refunded. Neither seem very likely. 

Next up Australia. Yes, I had tickets for Australia with my son to visit my niece in Melbourne and see whatever I could see there. Australia has stricter travel restrictions than many countries so of course a trip in June was off the table. My son got a refund, but I am still waiting to see what happened to my $1700, which I could kind of use...

The final disappointment came in July. I was invited to attend a national conference for survivors of suicide as a thank you for the volunteer work I have done for the AFSP. The exciting and exotic locale for this cancelled event was, wait for it, CLEVELAND. Yes, I missed out on a trip to Cleveland. Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which I have already been to. However, I believe I would have enjoyed and learned a great deal from meeting other SOS from across the country. 

So there you have it. I am a big complainer. Now that I have cleared that off my chest, I feel lighter and more grateful than ever. 2020 has had some sweet moments and here are a few:



THANKSgiving weekend 2020 at the labyrinth



Springfield Out of the Darkness October17, 2020

Ashleigh, Michael, Brent, Kelsey

Kallie, me, Jon, Zach,Sam



Wakullah Springs, FL outside Tallahassee, January 2020

Can you believe I've been to Florida three times in 2020?

Crazy!!

No comments: