A few things have combined and got me with a case of the sads. I'm working hard on the 2018 Out of the Darkness Walk. Somehow I take the success or failure personally, so I have to really work on not attaching to the outcome. We had support group this week. Today a patient mentioned "you had three kids..." I don't even know how he knew that and if he knew one is gone. It's our anniversary and it felt really obvious that I got messages from two children and not three. One of those days where you really notice you are the mother two living sons instead of three. Sometimes it feels like one of my limbs was cut off.
And Betsy and I are planning a July trip to Denver, where Adam was born. Little things like a song or Dancing with the Stars are making me cry.
Random pictures. There will be no more pictures...
1 comment:
My heart just breaks for you every time I think of that sweet boy. I had an Adam dream the other night, which is rare he shows up in a dream. But like all dreams it has slipped away, but he was leading us somewhere, I remember. I know for sure, you, Ethan, Chuck and I were there, but I don't know who else. I should have written it down. I just remember waking up feeling happy I saw him and then realizing it was only a dream...he was older, not old, but it was in the future. So I think he's okay.
Post a Comment