Saturday, May 12, 2018

30

I've found watching Adam's old mates (by mates I mean class mates, high school and college) turn 30 a specially poignant process. Social media makes this a public event for those who choose to share this way. It's a milestone year, and it's nice to see the growth and maturity in their faces, activities and words.

Nice, but cutting, too. June 11 Adam would have been 30. Maybe finding himself and putting the puzzle pieces of who he was into place. Instead, he exited two plus years short of making this milestone.

At some point, I wrote down an Etsy shop on a scrap of paper, so before I could throw it out, I checked it out. I found this sweet little art that sums up my feelings, if not my reality. I wasn't able to copy the original, but drew this in my sketchbook. Close as I could get.



Mother's Day 2018

The day got immeasurably better when Cal surprised me by coming home Saturday night!

1 comment:

kate c. said...

I'm glad Cal came home for Mom's Day. I wish Adam had given himself more time...It's hard to believe it was 30 years ago that little sprite leaped into our lives and hearts.