Saturday, July 09, 2016

Peeps

I had lunch with these good people today. They lifted me up and made me feel Adam had a good life in Springfield, even if he kept this life separate. I needed to bridge this divide. These young people will be affected for the rest of their lives, but hopefully in time, good will come. I know they are strong, kind, loving young adults, just what I hope for their generation.
The message that keeps going through my mind since Adam died is, "You are not alone." Even if it's a call to a national hotline, you are not alone. Adam was not alone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we'll never know why people sometimes feel "alone",like they have no one to reach out to in desperate times, but it is a comfort to see these faces and to know that Adam wasn't alone. Thank you!

patrick denecke said...

I would like to thank all of you who attended lunch with Susan. She was so pleased with you and let me know how grateful she was to spend some time with Adams friends. A little bit of selflessness goes a long way. Peace

susan d said...

OH yeah, and thank you for teaching me about Pokemon Go- I felt so on trend knowing what all the young'uns are doing and talking about. Be careful out there!