Better than the alternative, in the words of Dick Vick.
Sometimes life is better than I expected, like yesterday, when my house was filled with music, Boy17 and his friends jamming on guitar and trumpet. I always wanted a house filled with music.
Life is definitely better than my dreams, which have been tortured, miserable messes.
Feeling good after 2:15 workout and finishing that damned bicycle portion of the triathalon. Cup of coffee, life is good...yes, I am a triathelete. haha Loosened up the sore muscles of Thursday's killer yoga session. My friend Karen kicks it on the yoga mat. I thank her for inviting me to her class. We haven't been socializing since I dropped out of the church and goddess night fizzled out a few years ago. Nonetheless, she is one of my favorite people, genuinely a good soul. We met in yoga class, she reminded me. I remember seeing her and thinking I would like to be her friend and eventually it happened. Funny how that goes sometimes.
I called Boy22 this afternoon and guess what? He was on his way to Macomb. Got a ride here, and a truck meeting him tomorrow to haul his bed to Springfield. Seems the boy doesn't want to sleep on a couch the rest of his life. A weird next step. His hair is sheered (all three boys have fresh haircuts), and he seems more focused and happy than I've seen him a couple of years. He has secured two jobs, possibly three. I saw proof he enrolled in his final one credit of college, which I swear I didn't ask for. I'm letting go of control. The first job is at a Japanese steakhouse. The second is stocking displays in stores for greeting cards and Frito Lay. His friends all seem to have a little more money than he does, so maybe that will keep him motivated to work hard.
1 comment:
Glad to hear life is better than your dreams! I thought you going to use the quote Life--is what happens while you're making other plans. So proud of having a triathlete for a sis.
Post a Comment