Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Where?

I don't know where this winter break has gone. I know it is sickenly long for me (I have not been to work since Dec. 22 and do not return until Jan. 18), and I shouldn't whine, but last week just entirely disappeared. This week is making a strike to do the same. It seems everyone else has gone back to work/school and I am aimlessly wasting away in Margaritaville. Not really, far from it, however, I have done little to no prep work for school, which I had BIG plans to do. At this rate, I'll be lucky to be ready for the first week, let alone the entire semester. I did complete an application to teach an adjunct social work class for the University of Illinois, so I am pleased to get that out of the way. Fact is, they were not asking for applications, it was suggested to me that if a good resume lands on the desk of the associate dean, he will be pleased since he has no idea how to go about finding faculty to teach out here in the boonies.

I increased to 16 laps in the pool today, in four lap spurts, so that is progress. I think my breath was fine, it was my arms getting a little tired that caused me to take three short rest breaks. I also noticed some old habits coming back, such as my shower routine after swimming where I do the depression thing and turn the water off to get lathered. This older lady who swam in the mornings always did that next stall to me so I picked up the habit. She had some other rather bizarre habits I did not incorporate. The Y has really downgraded their water supply by the way. It is no more than a lukewarm drizzle, which must be saving them a lot of money, because I for one, no longer stay in there for an hour.

Well, this is just another way to avoid doing productive work, although in my mind, it is more productive than napping. I have one lunch date and one coffee date this week and was hoping for a movie date, but no good shows are playing in the area.


Here is my first table top photo. Didn't I clean it off nicely, a fresh slate? Only a buffet full of crap in the background is holding what the table normally holds.
Random picture of Boy16 at the Galesburg game Saturday night. Macomb's first loss in 14 games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd always rather have you blog than nap! No matter how much time you have, it always seems to slip away faster than you think it will.